Apply for Canada PR visa – 3232 (Practitioners of natural healing)
Practitioners of natural healing provide health care to patients using traditional Chinese medicine techniques and other forms of treatment including acupuncture, herbology or reflexology to promote, maintain and restore the holistic health of patients. They usually work in private practice, including group or team practices, or are employed by clinics, health clubs and spas.
- acupressure therapist
- ayurvedic practitioner
- certified iridologist
- certified reflexologist
- certified rolfer
The following is a summary of the main duties for some occupations in this unit group:
Traditional Chinese medicine practitioners
- Diagnose the diseases, physiological disorders and injuries of patients
- Treat them using raw herbs and other medicines, dietary supplements or acupuncture.
- Diagnose symptoms, physiological disorders and injuries of patients
- Treat them by the insertion of acupuncture needles or through stimulation techniques such as acupressure, moxibustion, cupping or electrical current.
- Assess patients and advise them on the use of herbs for the treatment of conditions such as arthritis, rheumatism, asthma, skin disorders and stomach ailments
- May cultivate herbs and manufacture and sell herbal compounds.
Osteopathic manual therapists
- Diagnose, treat and manage musculoskeletal and other related disorders of the body’s structure by moving, stretching, and massaging a patients’ muscles and joints to correct biomechanical dysfunctions.
- Assess illnesses and treat them by administering, in chemical or herbal form, a small dosage of a remedy made from natural substances or by suggesting lifestyle changes.
- Apply gentle finger pressure to specific spots on the clients’ feet or hands to promote relaxation and better health and well-being.
- Traditional Chinese medicine practitioners usually require completion of a three- to four-year diploma program in traditional Chinese medicine from a private institute or completion of a program in traditional Chinese medicine from recognized medical schools abroad.
- Registration with a regulatory body is required for traditional Chinese medicine practitioners in Ontario and British Columbia.
- Acupuncturists usually require completion of a three-year diploma program in acupuncture from a private institute or completion of some university undergraduate studies in science and training in a related health care discipline or work experience under the supervision of a registered acupuncturist.
- Registration with a regulatory body is required for acupuncturists in Quebec, Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia.
- Osteopathic manual therapists require completion of a four- to five- year college program in osteopathy.
- Homeopaths usually require completion of a three-year diploma program in homeopathy.
- Registration with a regulatory body is required for homeopaths in Ontario.
- Other occupations in this unit group usually require completion of training programs specific to their type of practice and some supervised practical training.
- Traditional Chinese medicine practitioners may include acupuncture or herbology as part of their healing techniques.
- Massage therapists (3236)
- Midwives (in 3124 Allied primary health practitioners)
- Naturopathic physicians and doctors of osteopathic medicine (in 3125 Other professional occupations in health diagnosing and treating)
Source: This content has been taken from the official website of CIC
Countrywide visas is a fastest growing Immigration consultancy with a large devoted team of Immigration experts providing, its clients a hassle-free, professional services to file their applications for various immigration programs. You are welcome to call us or send us an email with your immigration questions and inquiries. You may contact us on 011-41075840 / 011-41045840 or leave a mail at email@example.com. You may also fill the Technical Assessment Form for free to get a call back from our Immigration Specialists. All you need to do is fill an assessment form and let our immigration experts assist you over the phone call or by meeting you in person and give you the best available options to fulfil your dreams of settling abroad.