Apply for Canada PR visa – 3414 (Other assisting occupations in support of health services)
This unit group includes workers who provide services and assistance to health care professionals and other health care staff. They are employed in hospitals, medical clinics, offices of health care professionals, nursing homes, optical retail stores and laboratories, pharmacies and medical pathology laboratories.
- activationist – health support services
- activities co-ordinator – health support services
- activity aide – health support services
- activity leader – seniors
- activity worker – health support services
- acupuncture assistant
- acupuncture attendant
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Assist orthopedic surgeons in the treatment of orthopedic diseases and injuries by applying and adjusting casts, splints, bandages and other orthopedic devices
- Assist in the application, maintenance and adjustment of traction equipment
- Clean and dress wounds
- Remove casts, sutures, staples and pins
- Instruct patients and their families and other health care professionals with respect to orthopedic matters.
- Prepare and maintain equipment and supplies
- Assist in activities for the rehabilitation of patients as directed by health care professionals
- May perform routine office functions.
Optical/ophthalmic laboratory technicians and assistants
- Operate laboratory equipment to grind, cut, polish and edge lenses for eyeglasses according to prescriptions received and fit lenses into frames
- Make minor repairs for customers such as replacing frame screws or straightening frames
- Maintain and repair optical laboratory equipment or machinery.
- Help pharmacists and other pharmacy staff with packaging and labelling of pharmaceutical products
- May help in maintaining prescription records and inventories of medications and pharmaceutical products.
Sterile processing technicians
- Operate and maintain sterilization equipment such as instrument washers, sonic sinks, cart washers and steam autoclaves to clean and disinfect trays, carts, linens, supplies, instrumentation and equipment for re-use according to standardized safety practices
- Reassemble equipment and assemble packs of sterile supplies and instruments for delivery to hospital departments.
Blood donor clinic assistants
- Set up and dismantle equipment
- Prepare and maintain cleanliness of collection areas
- Maintain supplies
- Monitor donors throughout procedure and assist with post-donation care and donor reaction care as assigned under the supervision of a registered nurse
- Record information on donors
- Label and process donated blood.
- Assist pathologists at autopsies by laying out surgical instruments
- Prepare solutions for preservation of specimens
- Transfer bodies from morgue to examining table
- Remove organs and tissue specimens, as instructed by attending pathologist, and placing them in preservative solutions
- Clean and sew up bodies for release to funeral home.
- Orthopedic technologists usually require completion of secondary school and several months of on-the-job training or a college orthopedic technologist program.
- Registration with the Canadian Society of Orthopaedic Technologists is available and may be required by employers.
- Health care courses or short-term college programs related to the work of medical therapy assistants, such as recreational therapy programs, are available and may be required by employers.
- Pharmacy aides require completion of secondary school and several months of on-the-job training.
- Sterile processing technicians require completion of secondary school and a six- to nine-month sterile processing college program.
- Completion of secondary school and several months of on-the-job training are usually required for other assisting occupations in this unit group.
- Medical technologists and technicians (in 321 Medical technologists and technicians (except dental health))
- Operating room technicians (in 3233 Licensed practical nurses)
- Other technical occupations in therapy and assessment (3237)
- Pathologists’ assistants (in 3212 Medical laboratory technicians and pathologists’ assistants)
- Pharmacy clerks (in 6421 Retail salespersons)
- Pharmacy technicians (in 3219 Other medical technologists and technicians (except dental health))
Source: This content has been taken from the official website of CIC
Countrywide visas is a fastest growing Immigration consultancy with a large devoted team of Immigration experts providing, its clients a hassle-free, professional services to file their applications for various immigration programs. You are welcome to call us or send us an email with your immigration questions and inquiries. You may contact us on 011-41075840 / 011-41045840 or leave a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also fill the Technical Assessment Form for free to get a call back from our Immigration Specialists. All you need to do is fill an assessment form and let our immigration experts assist you over the phone call or by meeting you in person and give you the best available options to fulfil your dreams of settling abroad.