Apply for Canada PR visa – 5111 (Librarians)
Librarians select, develop, organize and maintain library collections and provide advisory services for users. They are employed in libraries or other establishments with library services throughout the public and private sectors.
- cataloguer – library
- liaison librarian
- library consultant
Librarians perform some or all of the following duties:
- Recommend acquisition of books, periodicals and audio-visual, interactive media and other materials for inclusion in library collection
- Provide reference services
- Select, classify, catalogue and weed library materials
- Prepare bibliographies, indexes, reading lists, guides and other finding aids
- Develop systems to access library collections
- Perform manual, on-line and interactive media reference searches to assist users in accessing library materials and arrange for interlibrary loans
- Develop taxonomies using various information and data sources
- Provide specialized programs for children, seniors and other groups
- Conduct library information and orientation training programs and tours
- Perform related administrative duties and supervise library technicians, assistants and clerks.
- A master’s degree in library science or a master’s degree in library and information studies or a master’s degree from a program accredited by the American Library Association is required.
- Progression to library management positions is possible with experience.
- Library and public archive technicians (5211)
- Library curators (in 5112 Conservators and curators)
- Library directors and managers (in 0511 Library, archive, museum and art gallery managers)
- School librarians (in 5211 Library and public archive technicians)
- Teacher-librarian, elementary school (in 4032 Elementary school and kindergarten teachers)
- Teacher-librarian, high school (in 4031 Secondary school teachers)
Source: This content has been taken from the official website of CIC
Countrywide visas is a fastest growing Immigration consultancy with a large devoted team of Immigration experts providing, its clients a hassle-free, professional services to file their applications for various immigration programs. You are welcome to call us or send us an email with your immigration questions and inquiries. You may contact us on 011-41075840 / 011-41045840 or leave a mail at email@example.com. You may also fill the Technical Assessment Form for free to get a call back from our Immigration Specialists. All you need to do is fill an assessment form and let our immigration experts assist you over the phone call or by meeting you in person and give you the best available options to fulfil your dreams of settling abroad.