Apply for Canada PR visa – 5123 (Journalists)
Journalists research, investigate, interpret and communicate news and public affairs through newspapers, television, radio and other media. Journalists are employed by radio and television networks and stations, newspapers and magazines. Journalists may also work on a freelance basis.
- book reviewer
- broadcast journalist
- investigative reporter
Journalists perform some or all of the following duties:
- Collect local, national and international news through interviews, investigation and observation
- Write news stories for publication and broadcast
- Receive, analyze and verify news and other copy for accuracy
- Arrange for and conduct interviews as part of research and for radio and television programs
- Research and report on developments in specialized fields such as medicine, science and technology
- Prepare regular feature columns and stories on specialized topics
- Write editorials and commentaries on topics of current interest to stimulate public interest and express the views of a publication or broadcasting station
- Write critical reviews of literary, musical and other artistic works based on knowledge, judgement and experience.
- Journalists may specialize in print, broadcast or Webcast media, in particular issues such as political affairs or entertainment news, or in a particular geographic area.
- A university degree or college diploma in journalism or a related field such as communications is usually required.
- Experienced reporters may advance to editorial positions (print media) or become producers (broadcast media).
- Announcers and other broadcasters (5231)
- Authors and writers (5121)
- Editors (5122)
- Photojournalists (in 5221 Photographers)
Source: This content has been taken from the official website of CIC
Countrywide visas is a fastest growing Immigration consultancy with a large devoted team of Immigration experts providing, its clients a hassle-free, professional services to file their applications for various immigration programs. You are welcome to call us or send us an email with your immigration questions and inquiries. You may contact us on 011-41075840 / 011-41045840 or leave a mail at email@example.com. You may also fill the Technical Assessment Form for free to get a call back from our Immigration Specialists. All you need to do is fill an assessment form and let our immigration experts assist you over the phone call or by meeting you in person and give you the best available options to fulfil your dreams of settling abroad.