Apply for Canada PR visa – 3231 (Opticians)
Opticians fit clients with prescription eyeglasses or contact lenses, assist clients in the selection of eyeglass frames, arrange for the production of eyeglasses or contact lenses and mount lenses in eyeglass frames. They are employed in optical retail outlets or other establishments with optical dispensing departments, or they may be self-employed. Student opticians and opticians who are managers of optical retail outlets are included in this unit group.
- apprentice optician
- contact lens dispenser
- contact lens fitter
- contact lens practitioner
- contact lens technician
- dispensing optician
- dispensing optician student
Opticians perform some or all of the following duties:
- Obtain specifications for eyeglasses or contact lenses from a prescription prepared by an ophthalmologist or optometrist or by analyzing the client’s eyeglasses or contact lenses and by measuring client’s eye curvature, pupillary distance and bridge width, using optical measuring devices
- Assist clients in selecting eyeglasses by advising on lens materials, frames, tints and anti-reflection coating
- Advise on use and care of contact lenses
- Arrange for grinding and polishing of lenses or grind and polish lenses
- Cut and edge lenses and fit lenses into frames
- Adjust finished eyeglasses to fit client
- May supervise or manage the activities of other opticians or student opticians.
- Completion of a two- or three-year college program in ophthalmic dispensing or optical sciences is required.
- Licensing by a regulatory body for opticians is required in all provinces.
- Licensing requirements for scope of practice and protected titles related to dispensing and contact lens certification vary by province.
- Managers of optical retail outlets or of optical dispensing departments who are not opticians (in 0621 Retail and wholesale trade managers)
- Ocularists (in 3219 Other medical technologists and technicians (except dental health))
- Ophthalmologists (in 3111 Specialist physicians)
- Optical lab technicians (in 3414 Other assisting occupations in support of health services)
- Optometrists (3121)
Source: This content has been taken from the official website of CIC
Countrywide visas is a fastest growing Immigration consultancy with a large devoted team of Immigration experts providing, its clients a hassle-free, professional services to file their applications for various immigration programs. You are welcome to call us or send us an email with your immigration questions and inquiries. You may contact us on 011-41075840 / 011-41045840 or leave a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also fill the Technical Assessment Form for free to get a call back from our Immigration Specialists. All you need to do is fill an assessment form and let our immigration experts assist you over the phone call or by meeting you in person and give you the best available options to fulfil your dreams of settling abroad.