In this era of social media followers or Facebook friends, some may ignore the need or support of parents or grandparents; however, the Canadian government would not. It understands the role of older adults in family life.
With every new day, the roles of parents or grandparents for their family members change. On the one hand, they need to become a strict teacher to maintain discipline in the family; while on the other hand, they play the role of best friends to care and love. For better or for worse, immigration is in a trend for the better lifestyle, job opportunities, higher studies and more among young people.
However, above all, we can’t deny the fact that family is the most precious treasure in the life of an individual. Keeping it in mind, the IRCC started the long-term Parents and grandparents super visa for Canada which allows Canadian citizens and permanent residents to bring in their parents and grandparents from overseas countries to visit them there for up to two years at a time. It is a multi-entry visa which allows multiple entries of parents and grandparents in Canada for a longer period up to 10 years.
Besides it, Family sponsorship is one of the most popular names in Canada immigration system for getting permanent residency there. It includes Canada visa programs for spouse/common-law partner, children, parents and grandparents. However, super visa is a long term and multiple-entry visa.
Requirements for Canada Super visa for parents and grandparents:
Below is the list of couples of things that are mandatory for Canada super visa
- An applicant needs a letter of invitation from a host in Canada, either his/her child or grandchild residing there. The host must need to show that he/she meets minimum income requirements and ready to take responsibility for financial support of the applicant in Canada
- He/she must have a proof to show his/her parental relationship to the host (his/her child or grandchild) through any of the following documents:
- A copy of the birth certificate of child or grandchild; or,
- Baptismal certificate; or,
- Other official documents naming the applicant as the parent
- He/she needs to provide proof of private medical insurance before landing on Canadian soil. It must be valid for at least one year. The insurance policy must include the following essentials:
- Validity for a minimum of one year
- Approval from a Canadian insurance company
- Coverage to health care, hospitalization and repatriation
- A minimum coverage of $100,000,
- Validity for each entry to Canada; and
- Availability for review at the Canadian port of entry
Super Visa letter of invitation
A host either a child or grandchild in Canada needs to issue a letter of invitation to bring his/her parent or grandparent there. The letter must contain the following information about the applicant (parent or grandparent):
- Complete name
- Date of birth
- Contact number
- Relationship with the host
- Purpose or intent of the trip to Canada
- Duration or time period of stay in Canada
- Details on accommodation of the invitee in Canada and how he/she manages his/her finance purchases during the stay there
- Leaving date
In addition to this, the host needs to mention the following information about him/her too in the letter of invitation
- Complete name
- Date of birth
- Contact number
- Details on the job profile
- Information on status in Canada (citizen or permanent resident) with proof
- Details on each family member residing in the household with complete names and dates of birth
Finally, yet importantly, the following must also include in the Super Visa letter of invitation:
- A signed promise of financial support by the host for the invitee; and,
- Proof of minimum income requirements
How to apply for Canada Super visa for parents and grandparents?
There are two ways to apply for a Canada Super visa for parents and grandparents either through online and offline (paper) mode.
- Go to the official Canadian government website and fill the credentials required in the online form
- Submit electronic or scanned copies of the necessary documents along with the form
- Make the payment and wait for the submission
- Go to the official website of the Canadian immigration department and download the application form for super visa
- Fill the details in the form and attach above documents
- Submit the form and documents to the nearby visa office and make the payment
Minimum income requirements for the host:
If a child or grandchild who lives in Canada and wants to sponsor his/her parent through Canada supervise, then he/she needs to meet a minimum income threshold under the eligibility criteria.
Number of persons
|Minimum necessary income in CAD|
1 person (sponsor)
More than 7 persons; for each additional person, add
Documents required for spouse visa Canada:
Most recent copy of the Notice of Assessment; in case the host doesn’t have a paper copy on file, he/she can print his/her tax returns using the Canada Revenue Agency’s online service
- Latest copy of the T4 or T1 from a Canadian employer; in case of self-employment, a letter from an accountant confirming annual income is enough
- Original letter from employer of the host mentioning details on the title, job description, and salary
- Employment insurance pay stubs on the name of the host
- Proof of other sources of income like pension statement, investments, and more
Processing time for Canada Super visa for parents and grandparents:
The time to process applications for Canada Super visa for parents or grandparents is around eight weeks. However, it may vary according to the immigration office from where an applicant applies or the completeness of application and documentation.
How countrywide visas can help you in Canada super visa for parents and grandparents?
Countrywide visas is one of the fastest growing Immigration consultancies with a large, devoted team of Immigration experts offers hassle-free and professional services to its clients for filing their applications for various immigration programs.
You are welcome to call us or send us an email with your immigration questions and inquiries. You may contact us on 011-41075840 / 011-41045840 or leave a mail at email@example.com. You may also fill the Technical Assessment Form for free to get a call back from our Immigration Specialists. All you need to do is fill an assessment form and let our immigration experts assist you over the phone call or by meeting you in person and give you the best available options to fulfill your dreams of settling abroad.