Apply for Canada PR visa – 3223 (Dental technologists, technicians and laboratory assistants)
Dental technologists and technicians design, prepare and fabricate dentures and dental devices as prescribed by dentists and other specialists. Dental laboratory assistants assist dental technologists and technicians in preparing and fabricating dentures and other dental devices. They are employed in dental laboratories. Dental technologists and technicians who are supervisors are included in this unit group.
- apprentice dental prosthesis maker
- apprentice dental technician
- ceramic denture caster
- ceramic denture mechanic
- ceramic denture mechanic-moulder
- ceramic denture moulder
Dental technologists, technicians and laboratory assistants perform some or all of the following duties:
- Design, fabricate or repair dental devices including full or partial dentures, orthodontic appliances, crowns, bridges, inlays, onlays, clasps and bands, and implants
- Prepare plaster models and moulds from dental impressions
- Prepare wax bite-blocks and impression trays
- Cast gold or metal alloys for bridges and denture bases
- Pack plastic material in moulds to form full or partial dentures
- Mould wax over denture set-up to form full contours of artificial gums
- Make orthodontic bands from gold, silver, stainless steel or other metals
- Finish metal framework of dentures and polish and buff dentures to obtain natural finish
- May consult with dentists or other specialists on problematic dental cases
- May train and supervise other dental technicians and dental laboratory assistants in fabricating dentures and other dental devices
- May perform administrative functions for the dental laboratory.
- Dental technologists and technicians are required to complete a college program in dental technology or four or more years of on-the-job training under the supervision of a registered dental technologist or technician.
- Registration with a regulatory body is required for dental technologists and technicians in all provinces except in Manitoba and the territories.
- Dental laboratory assistants usually require secondary school and up to two years of on-the-job training.
- Dental laboratory assistants may progress to dental technologist and technician positions with training, experience and registration.
Source: This content has been taken from the official website of CIC
Countrywide visas is a fastest growing Immigration consultancy with a large devoted team of Immigration experts providing, its clients a hassle-free, professional services to file their applications for various immigration programs. You are welcome to call us or send us an email with your immigration questions and inquiries. You may contact us on 011-41075840 / 011-41045840 or leave a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also fill the Technical Assessment Form for free to get a call back from our Immigration Specialists. All you need to do is fill an assessment form and let our immigration experts assist you over the phone call or by meeting you in person and give you the best available options to fulfil your dreams of settling abroad.