Apply for Canada PR visa – 3236 (Massage therapists)
Massage therapists assess soft tissues and joints of the body for treatment and prevention of dysfunction, injury, pain and physical disorders. Massage therapists work in private practice, including group or team practices, hospitals, clinics, extended care facilities, rehabilitation centres and educational institutions.
- massage therapist (MT)
- masso kinesitherapist
- registered massage practitioner
- registered massage therapist (RMT)
- Thai massage therapist
Massage therapists perform some or all of the following duties:
- Assess clients by conducting range of motion and muscle tests and propose treatment plans
- Explain procedures, risks and benefits to clients
- Administer massage techniques, treating soft tissues and joints of the body through soft tissue manipulation, relaxation techniques, hydrotherapy, trigger point therapy, joint pain and lower grade mobilizations, remedial exercise programs and client self-help programs
- Suggest home care instructions and provide information about techniques for further postural improvement and stretching, strengthening, relaxation and rehabilitative exercises
- Maintain records of treatments given
- May consult with other health care professionals such as physiotherapists, chiropractors, physicians and psychologists when developing treatment plans for clients.
- Massage therapists may be trained in various specialized massage techniques.
- Massage therapists usually require completion of an 18- to 24-month or 18- to 36-month program in massage therapy from an accredited school and a period of supervised practical training.
- Registration with a regulatory body is required in Newfoundland and Labrador, Ontario and British Columbia.
- Medical technologists and technicians (except dental health) (321)
- Other technical occupations in health care (323)
- Physiotherapy assistants (in 3237 Other technical occupations in therapy and assessment)
Source: This content has been taken from the official website of CIC
Countrywide visas is a fastest growing Immigration consultancy with a large devoted team of Immigration experts providing, its clients a hassle-free, professional services to file their applications for various immigration programs. You are welcome to call us or send us an email with your immigration questions and inquiries. You may contact us on 011-41075840 / 011-41045840 or leave a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also fill the Technical Assessment Form for free to get a call back from our Immigration Specialists. All you need to do is fill an assessment form and let our immigration experts assist you over the phone call or by meeting you in person and give you the best available options to fulfil your dreams of settling abroad.