Apply for Canada PR visa – 4011 (University professors and lecturers)
University professors and lecturers teach courses to undergraduate and graduate students and conduct research at universities. University professors who are heads of departments are included in this unit group
- botany assistant professor – university
- computer science professor – university
- engineering instructor – university
- English professor – university
- food sciences department chairperson – university
- French language professor – university
- geography department head – university
- lecturer – university
- linguistics associate professor
- physics department chairperson – university
- professor of medicine – university
- university professor
- agriculture professor – university
- anatomy professor – university
- anthropology professor – university
- archaeology professor – university
- Asian studies professor – university
University professors and lecturers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Teach one or more university subjects to undergraduate and graduate students
- Prepare and deliver lectures to students and conduct laboratory sessions or discussion groups
- Prepare, administer and grade examinations, laboratory assignments and reports
- Advise students on course and academic matters and career decisions
- Direct research programs of graduate students and advise on research matters
- Conduct research in field of specialization and publish findings in scholarly journals or books
- May serve on faculty committees dealing with such matters as curriculum planning and degree requirements, and perform a variety of administrative duties
- May represent their universities as speakers and guest lecturers
- May provide professional consultative services to government, industry and private individuals.
- University professors and lecturers specialize in a particular subject matter such as biology, chemistry, anatomy, sociology, business administration or law.
- A doctoral degree in the field of specialization is required for university professors.
- A master’s degree in the field of specialization is required for university lecturers.
- Licences or professional certification may be required for professors teaching future practitioners in certain professionally regulated fields, such as medicine, engineering, architecture, psychology or law.
- University professors who are also practitioners in their field of specialization must have the appropriate licences or certification.
- Progression to senior positions within a department, faculty or university is possible with experience.
Source: This content has been taken from the official website of CIC
Countrywide visas is a fastest growing Immigration consultancy with a large devoted team of Immigration experts providing, its clients a hassle-free, professional services to file their applications for various immigration programs. You are welcome to call us or send us an email with your immigration questions and inquiries. You may contact us on 011-41075840 / 011-41045840 or leave a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also fill the Technical Assessment Form for free to get a call back from our Immigration Specialists. All you need to do is fill an assessment form and let our immigration experts assist you over the phone call or by meeting you in person and give you the best available options to fulfil your dreams of settling abroad.