Apply for Canada PR visa – 4031 (Secondary school teachers)
Secondary school teachers prepare and teach academic, technical, vocational or specialized subjects at public and private secondary schools. Secondary school teachers who are heads of departments are included in this unit group.
- Aboriginal school community teacher – secondary school
- academic subjects high school teacher
- academic subjects secondary school teacher
- accounting teacher – secondary school
- adult education teacher – secondary school
- algebra teacher – secondary school
- art teacher – secondary school
Secondary school teachers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Prepare subject material for presentation to students according to an approved curriculum
- Teach students using a systematic plan of lectures, discussions, audio-visual presentations, and laboratory, shop and field studies
- Assign and correct homework
- Prepare, administer and correct tests
- Evaluate progress, determine individual needs of students and discuss results with parents and school officials
- Prepare and implement remedial programs for students requiring extra help
- Participate in staff meetings, educational conferences and teacher training workshops
- May teach and evaluate students through distance or online courses
- May advise students on course selection and on vocational and personal matters
- May supervise student teachers.
- Secondary school teachers may specialize in such areas as mathematics, English, French, special education or second language instruction. Secondary school teachers of vocational and trades subjects may specialize in areas such as hairdressing or auto mechanics.
- Teachers of academic subjects require a bachelor’s degree in education which is often preceded by a bachelor’s degree in the arts or sciences.
- Teachers of vocational or technical subjects require a bachelor’s degree in education which is usually preceded by specialized training or experience in the subject.
- Instructors of trades in Quebec require completion of an apprenticeship training program and industry or trade certification.
- Department heads usually require several years of teaching experience.
- To specialize in special education or English or French as a second language, additional training is required.
- A provincial teaching certificate is required.
- Membership in a provincial or territorial teachers’ association or federation may be required.
- Progression to vice-principal or other administrative positions in the education system is possible with experience.
- In Quebec, trades training programs are usually offered in the secondary school system.
- College and other vocational instructors (4021)
- Educational counsellors (4033)
- Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants (4413)
- Elementary school and kindergarten teachers (4032)
- Junior high school teachers (in 4032 Elementary school and kindergarten teachers)
- Psychoeducators (in 4153 Family, marriage and other related counsellors)
- School principals and administrators of elementary and secondary education (0422)
- Secondary school librarians (in 5211 Library and public archive technicians)
- Teachers of non-academic courses (in 4216 Other instructors)
- Teachers teaching life skills courses to persons with disabilities (in 4215 Instructors of persons with disabilities)
Source: This content has been taken from the official website of CIC
Countrywide visas is a fastest growing Immigration consultancy with a large devoted team of Immigration experts providing, its clients a hassle-free, professional services to file their applications for various immigration programs. You are welcome to call us or send us an email with your immigration questions and inquiries. You may contact us on 011-41075840 / 011-41045840 or leave a mail at email@example.com. You may also fill the Technical Assessment Form for free to get a call back from our Immigration Specialists. All you need to do is fill an assessment form and let our immigration experts assist you over the phone call or by meeting you in person and give you the best available options to fulfil your dreams of settling abroad.