Apply for Canada PR visa – 4162 (Economists and economic policy researchers and analysts)
Economists and economic policy researchers and analysts conduct research, monitor data, analyze information and prepare reports and plans to resolve economic and business problems and develop models to analyze, explain and forecast economic behaviour and patterns. They advise on matters such as finance, fiscal and monetary policy, international trade, agricultural and natural resource commodities and labour and industrial markets. They are employed by government departments and agencies and throughout the private sector in associations, unions, research organizations, banks and investment firms.
- agricultural economist
- economic advisor
- economic analyst
- economic policy analyst
- energy economist
- financial economist
- industrial economist
- international trade economist
- investment economist
- labour economist
- natural resources economist
- tax economist
- trade economist
- agricultural economist
- business analyst – economics
- business economist
- business intelligence analyst
- consumer advisor – economics
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
Ergonomists or human factors specialists
- Conduct research and advise on, and intervene in the physical, social and psychological interrelationships between persons, their equipment and working or living environments to ensure that the design, configuration and use of equipment, procedures and environmental conditions maximize safety, productivity and comfort.
Occupational or industrial hygienists
- Study, evaluate and control physical, chemical and biological hazards and stresses in the workplace
- Report and document investigations and conclusions
- Suggest changes to work environments and processes
- Provide information to workers and managers or employers on methods to reduce the risk of injury or illness from specific occupational hazards
- May teach safe work procedures, participate in emergency response planning, testify at hearings and report findings at scientific conferences or in scientific journals.
- Advise clients on elements of patent law and on the patentability of inventions
- Conduct patent searches
- Prepare patent applications
- Represent clients before the patent office.
Technology transfer officers
- Transfer and integrate new technologies, usually from university or government research and development environments, to commercial and industrial applications and ensure the protection of intellectual property of researchers and developers.
Science policy and program officers
- Conduct research and advise on policies or develop or administer programs related to transportation, emergency preparedness, communications, natural resources, agriculture, the environment, traditional and alternative energy technologies, land use, recycling and other scientific fields
- Promote public awareness and education on issues such as utilization of natural resources, the environment, and reprocessing and reduction of waste.
- A bachelor’s degree or college diploma in a related scientific or technical discipline is usually required for occupations in this unit group.
- A master’s degree in a related scientific discipline may be required.
- Certification through the Canadian College of Certified Professional Ergonomists is required to use the title “Canadian Certified Professional Ergonomist (CCPE)”. Membership with the Association of Canadian Ergonomists may be required.
- Occupational hygienists may require certification by the Canadian Registration Board of Occupational Hygienists.
- Patent agents require 12 months of work experience in the patent field and successful completion of examinations set by the Commissioner of Patents. They may also be required to be listed in the register of patent agents.
- Occupations in this group that are involved in green building design and technologies development may require the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification offered by the Canadian Green Building Council.
- Progression to supervisory or managerial positions in these fields is possible with experience.
- Architecture and science managers (0212)
- Health policy researchers, consultants and program officers (4165)
- Life science professionals (212)
- Other engineers (214)
- Patent lawyers (in 4112 Lawyers and Quebec notaries)
- Physical science professionals (211)
- Professional occupations in engineering (in 213 Civil, mechanical, electrical and chemical engineers)
Source: This content has been taken from the official website of CIC
Countrywide visas is a fastest growing Immigration consultancy with a large devoted team of Immigration experts providing, its clients a hassle-free, professional services to file their applications for various immigration programs. You are welcome to call us or send us an email with your immigration questions and inquiries. You may contact us on 011-41075840 / 011-41045840 or leave a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also fill the Technical Assessment Form for free to get a call back from our Immigration Specialists. All you need to do is fill an assessment form and let our immigration experts assist you over the phone call or by meeting you in person and give you the best available options to fulfil your dreams of settling abroad.