Apply for Canada PR visa – 4422 (Correctional service officers)
Correctional service officers guard offenders and detainees and maintain order in correctional institutions and other places of detention. They are employed by federal, provincial and municipal governments. Correctional service officers who are supervisors are included in this unit group.
- correctional facility guard
- correctional officers supervisor
- correctional service officer
- prison guard
- convict guard
- correctional facility guard
- correctional institution guard
- correctional institution head matron
- correctional officer
Correctional service officers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Observe conduct and behaviour of offenders and detainees to prevent disturbances and escapes
- Supervise offenders during work assignments, meals and recreation periods
- Patrol assigned area and report any problems to supervisor
- Conduct security checks and scanning of visitors, inmates and their cells, working areas and recreational activity areas
- Observe behaviour of offenders and prepare reports
- Escort detainees in transit and during temporary leaves
- Prepare admission, program, release, transfer and other reports
- May supervise and co-ordinate work of other correctional service officers.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Post-secondary education in correctional services, police studies or criminology may be required.
- Correctional officer recruits must successfully complete the Correctional Service of Canada training course to be employed by federal institutions.
- Correctional officer recruits are usually required to complete a basic training course to be employed by provincial/territorial institutions.
- Physical agility, strength and fitness requirements must be met.
- Correctional service supervisors require experience as a correctional service officer.
- First aid certification and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) training are usually required.
- Detention home workers (in 4212 Social and community service workers)
- Managers in social, community and correctional services (0423)
- Social workers (4152)
- Probation and parole officers and related occupations (4155)
Source: This content has been taken from the official website of CIC
Countrywide visas is a fastest growing Immigration consultancy with a large devoted team of Immigration experts providing, its clients a hassle-free, professional services to file their applications for various immigration programs. You are welcome to call us or send us an email with your immigration questions and inquiries. You may contact us on 011-41075840 / 011-41045840 or leave a mail at email@example.com. You may also fill the Technical Assessment Form for free to get a call back from our Immigration Specialists. All you need to do is fill an assessment form and let our immigration experts assist you over the phone call or by meeting you in person and give you the best available options to fulfil your dreams of settling abroad.