Apply for Canada PR visa – 4423 (By-law enforcement and other regulatory officers, n.e.c.)
Officers and inspectors in this unit group enforce by-laws and regulations of provincial and municipal governments. They are employed by provincial and municipal governments and agencies.
- animal control officer
- by-law enforcement officer
- commercial transport inspector
- garbage collection inspector
- liquor licence inspector
- parking control officer
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
Animal control officers
- Respond to citizen complaints concerning stray domestic animals, livestock and wildlife
- Issue warnings and citations to owners
- Impound lost, homeless and dangerous animals.
By-law enforcement officers
- Enforce municipal and provincial regulations
- Investigate complaints
- Issue warnings and citations to commercial and residential property owners and occupants.
Commercial transport inspectors
- Inspect commercial vehicles to ensure compliance with regulations governing load restrictions, the transportation of hazardous materials and public safety.
Garbage collection inspectors
- Investigate complaints concerning infractions of garbage collection by-laws.
Liquor licence inspectors
- Conduct inspections of licensed establishments
- Advise licencees on laws and regulations
- Report contravention of laws and regulations to provincial liquor control boards and agencies.
Parking control officers
- Enforce parking by-laws on city streets, regional roads and municipal properties.
- Inspect taxicabs for mechanical reliability, cleanliness, licensing and meter accuracy
- Investigate public complaints, issue citations and prepare reports
- Give evidence to city councils, taxi commissions and in court.
- Investigate properties in violation of zoning and related by-laws, after receiving requests for licence clearances pertaining to zoning and related by-laws, and on receipt of building permit applications.
- By-law enforcement officers may specialize in the enforcement of one specific by-law.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of a college program or courses in law and security or other related field or experience in a related administrative or regulatory occupation is usually required.
- Zoning inspectors or zoning enforcement officers may require a college diploma as a civil engineering or architectural technologist or technician and several years of experience in enforcement and/or building construction or a related field.
- On-the-job training is provided.
- Employment insurance, immigration, border services and revenue officers (1228)
- Engineering inspectors and regulatory officers (2262)
- Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety (2263)
- Police officers (except commissioned) (4311)
- Sheriffs and bailiffs (4421)
Source: This content has been taken from the official website of CIC
Countrywide visas is a fastest growing Immigration consultancy with a large devoted team of Immigration experts providing, its clients a hassle-free, professional services to file their applications for various immigration programs. You are welcome to call us or send us an email with your immigration questions and inquiries. You may contact us on 011-41075840 / 011-41045840 or leave a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also fill the Technical Assessment Form for free to get a call back from our Immigration Specialists. All you need to do is fill an assessment form and let our immigration experts assist you over the phone call or by meeting you in person and give you the best available options to fulfil your dreams of settling abroad.